There are many choices that one has to make when mounting a ceiling rack in one’s garage. You may either use the ceiling space of your garage as a store or have a storage unit hanging from either the ceiling itself or the rafters. This is a decision that you will have to make for yourself to suit your needs. After ascertaining the type of storage that you want you will also need to establish the type on material that your storage will be made of. There are many storage systems to select from such as: wood and metal. White grid, and even steel box frame systems.
Once this is done you are good to go; you can now put the system in place. Of course you will have to decide whether you will do it by yourself or higher professionals to do it for you. Below are some of the best ceiling mounted storages in existence:
- 10. SafeRacks – 2×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack (18″-33″)
- 9. FLEXIMOUNTS 3×6 Overhead Garage Storage Adjustable Ceiling Storage Rack
- 8. HyLoft 00625 45-Inch by 45-Inch Overhead Storage System, Hammertone
- 7. SafeRacks Accessory Hook Package – Deluxe, White
- 6. SafeRacks – 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack Heavy Duty
- 5. FLEXIMOUNTS (2) 4×8 Rack Package Heavy Duty Overhead Garage
- 4. HyLoft 00540 45-Inch-by-45-Inch Overhead Storage System
- 3. FLEXIMOUNTS 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack
- 2. FLEXIMOUNTS 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack Adjustable Ceiling Garage Rack Heavy Duty
- 1. SafeRacks 4×8 – 2 Rack Package w/Accessory Hooks 18-33″ Drop, White
10. SafeRacks – 2×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack (18″-33″)
This product is available on online shops such as amazon and comes with a lifetime warranty. It is easy to install and has a detailed guide on how to do it. It is designed to hang from the ceiling so it is good to find out if your ceiling can handle its weight before installing it. According to its design it weighs around 400 pounds. Once in place it can go a long way in saving on your garage space.
9. FLEXIMOUNTS 3×6 Overhead Garage Storage Adjustable Ceiling Storage Rack
Its design is that of an integrated grid system which makes it extremely easy to assemble. It is designed to carry weights of up to 450lbs without posing any risks. It is very durable as it is made of powder coated steel. Its installation is made much simpler since it comes with an installation manual. It is a good option of optimizing garage space.
8. HyLoft 00625 45-Inch by 45-Inch Overhead Storage System, Hammertone
It is a simple mesh system that can be used to create that extra space that you need in your garage. It is designed to hold roughly 250 pounds. It is well polished and easy on the eyes. Its design actually allows you to see what is stored in the unit and thus saving you the time of having to look for something. Since it is open on the sides it is easy to place or remove items from it. The major downside is if its contents are not well arranged they might fall and cause damage.
7. SafeRacks Accessory Hook Package – Deluxe, White
If purchased from the SafeRacks Company, these products get a lifetime warranty. These racks are specifically designed to hang stuff. They are durable and they also offer maximum use of the available space in a garage. Stuff that hangs on these racks is easy to spot and thus time saving. The installation process is also not complicated and thus; easy to install.
6. SafeRacks – 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack Heavy Duty
These racks quality industrial steel which makes them not only strong but also durable. The manufacturer guarantees that they can comfortably hold up to 600 pounds. These racks are not only presentable but they also live up to their specifications. They come with a step-by-step guide to facilitate installation. They can be used to create a lot of space as they also have hanging provisions.
5. FLEXIMOUNTS (2) 4×8 Rack Package Heavy Duty Overhead Garage
The main advantage of this type of rack is that you its height between 22 and 40 inches. This feature allows one to adjust according to the amount of space available, and the quantity of items that need to be stored making it very reliable. It is designed to last and is easy on the eyes. If you have storage space problems in your garage then FLEXIMOUNTS (2) 4×8 Rack Package Heavy Duty Overhead Garage is a perfect remedy.
4. HyLoft 00540 45-Inch-by-45-Inch Overhead Storage System
HyLoft 00540 45-Inch-by-45-Inch Overhead Storage System is quite suitable for flat stable ceilings. Its design is simple yet appealing. They are available mostly in either white or hammertone. They can be adjusted by about ten inches upon demand making them very convenient. They are designed to hold up to 250 pounds. They are a recommendable remedy in space crisis situations in garages.
3. FLEXIMOUNTS 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack
If you have noticed, in this business of garage ceiling racks, FLEXIMOUNTS needs no introduction. Its products are top-notch and in high demand. This rack version already exist but without the adjustable capability. In an effort to upgrade the previous product FLEXIMOUNTS introduced the adjusting feature to meet its clients’ needs. Well, so far, so good. They are available in different colors for different settings.
2. FLEXIMOUNTS 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack Adjustable Ceiling Garage Rack Heavy Duty
Available in different colors these racks are quite popular not only because of their good quality but also their unique ability to create spaces in garages. They are adjustable, made of steel and can hold up to 600lbs. To aid in the installation process the come with a DIY manual to ease the process. You can install more than one set to create more space.
1. SafeRacks 4×8 – 2 Rack Package w/Accessory Hooks 18-33″ Drop, White
As far as this racks are concerned the main challenge is installing. Despite having a DIY manual that comes with the package, most people find it a bit challenging to install. Either way, nothing good comes easy. This is simply a masterpiece rack designed to meet the consumers to create more space in a garage. It is not only adjustable but it also has hooks to hang stuff such as bikes.
With the ever increasing population trend, man has decided to think beyond 3D in to be able to accommodate each other. That is where the idea of using up space (4D) came from. Be part of the change.